Anti slip Steel Stair Nosing which cover the edge of the step, are manufactured with an A20 course grit for industrial steps and ladders where rust or chemical corrosion could be an issue. These nosings are fabricated in various steel grades being 304, 3CR12 to 316 which can be attached by counter-sunk screws, gutter bolts or tack-welded to existing structures in the fruit, wine and food processing industries.
Typical physical properties of the steel nosing
Below are the physical properties of the steel anti slip nose cones from the material data sheet.
- Tensile Strength : 15 Mpa DIN 53455
- Elongation at break : 5% DIN 53455
- Flexural Strength : 10Mpa DIN 53452
- Low Temperature Failure Point : -30°C DIN 53372
- Properties : No Shrinkage, outstanding insulation properties, excellent thermal and mechanical shock resistance.
- Heat Distortion : 50 – 60°C
- Ignition Temperature : 300 – 400°C
Steel Nosing improves safety and extends life of current structures
By using Non-Slip.co.za steel nosing where the tread patterns have worn off on your current metal or steel steps, you can extend the life of the existing structures. Install the anti slip steel nosing simply by bolting or tack welding the nosing in place.