Terms of Business Definitions and Interpretations
"Contractor" means the Authorised Intellapro Licensee or Operative acting on behalf of the contractor and whose name and signature is on any quotation that has been accepted by the principal.
"Principal" means the main person named in general correspondence sent via e-mail or quote sent by e-mail including any executors, administrators, successors or assignees.
"Work" means the work to be executed and quoted for.
1) The "Principal" has at his own expense adequate insurance cover for "Public Risk" and all types of contracting work.
2) The Contractor shall not at any time be liable for damage to footpaths, crossings, walkways, kerbs, water pipes, drains, property, or other surfaces.
3) In the event of the works covered by this quotation, being damaged or destroyed by any cause not the direct fault of the contractor then any additional cost and expense incurred as a result of such damage or destruction shall be chargeable to the Principal and shall be recoverable as monies due.
4) The Principal is responsible for providing complete free and easy access into the working area of the job.
5) The Contractor can give no guarantee of final colour matching of adjacent areas.
6) If there should be any statutory or award increases in wages, rates or market price increases in materials, then the net increase shall be added to the contract price.
7) On works of value in excess of R2000.00 (Two Thousand Rand), progress payment(s), may be claimed from the Principal.
8) All payments are due on completion of work unless other arrangements have been made. (This is how costs are kept down.)
8a) All payments not paid within five (5) working days on completion of work will incur an additional "overdue reminder" of ZAR750.00.
8b) All payments outstanding 10 working days, as applicable to 8 and 8a will incur an additional "collection" fee of ZAR1'000.00.
8c) Any provision of BEE certification or additional supporting documentation for the creation of a "New Supplier Account" where the supply of goods is below ZAR20'000.00 will incur a fee of ZAR1'200.00.
9) All areas to be treated shall be thoroughly cleaned by the Principal prior to application.
10) All areas to be treated shall be cleared of all freestanding obstacles by the Principal prior to application.
11) Unless a quotation is accepted within fourteen (14) days of the date on which it is given, Non-Slip.co.za reserves the right to increase the cost quoted.
12) Any complaints must be made in writing within seven (7) days of completion of work, beyond which period no claim will be entertained. Any claim must be supported by photographic evidence delivered with the claim.
13) Orders cannot be cancelled except upon which the Principal will compensate the Contractor for all expenses incurred and otherwise protect him against loss. The maximum claim by the contractor to the principal would be for the quote plus travel.
14) Non-slip.co.za reserves the right to increase charging for jobs undertaken outside of 08:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs.
15) The Principal is liable for any tools or materials used by the contractor whilst on site. Any removal or theft of such items will incur replacement charges to be paid within seven days form such an occurrence
16) The contractor shall observe and adhere to the health and safety conditions of the contractor however the onus is with the principal to provide a verbal and written briefing of what the health and safety policy is whilst at the principals site.